Type: Service Pack Request
Status: Closed (View Workflow)
Affects Version/s: 3.4.4
Fix Version/s: 3.4.9
Component/s: Share Application
Environment:Internet Explorer 8, and Internet Explorer 9 in diferent compatibility modes (IE7, IE8 and IE9), Also noticed in Firefox (but firefox behavior is much better).
Object picker in Alfresco Share causes the browser to freeze and take 100% of one CPU and can cause it to hang.
Internet Explorer 8, and Internet Explorer 9 in diferent compatibility modes (IE7, IE8 and IE9), Also noticed in Firefox (but firefox behavior is much better).
The issue is reproducible with an "out of the box" alfresco 3.4.4 at the 5th or 6th try (this process is degenerative and gets worse on every iteration) and only 200 documents in a folder but with 1000 documents it appears on the first of second try.
The customer did it with a folder with 1000 documents, modifying the file:
Create Agenda item:
1. Create a new datalist of type agenda.
2. Enter some random data
3. Click Attachments -> Select
4. Open a folder with many documents
5. The List of documents is displays real slow in Internet Explorer (loaded after 10-20s)
6. Select 2 or 3 documents as attachments
7. Close the document picker
8. Submit the new agenda item in the datalist
Repeat the creation of the agenda items several times.
Repeating this process few times and it gradually gets worse. The browser hangs and doesn't respond anymore. In some cases, this leads to an error that the item cannot be saved (probably a timeout).