Uploaded image for project: 'Service Packs and Hot Fixes'
  1. Service Packs and Hot Fixes
  2. MNT-6044

Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2: Editing a document via CIFS and TextEdit removes versionable aspect from this file

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Closed (View Workflow)
    • Priority: Critical
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: 3.4.8
    • Fix Version/s: 4.0.2
    • Component/s: CIFS
    • Labels:
      None
    • Environment:
      Alfresco Enterprise v3.4.8 (build 592) Tomcat, PostgreSQL, Java 6 (all installer deployed)
      Client: Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2

      Description

      Steps to reproduce:

      • upload any document and add a versionable aspect to this document using Alfresco Share;
      • login to Alfresco via CIFS via Finder (smb://host/alfresco);
      • edit this document using TextEdit and save it;
      • login to Alfresco Share, find this document and click "Manage Aspects" in "more" menu;

      Actual result: versionable aspect is absent.

      Expected result: versionable aspect is still present.

      VadimZh

        Attachments

          Issue Links

            Activity

            Hide
            alfrescoqa Alfresco QA Team added a comment -

            The issue was reproduced on Alfresco Enterprise v.4.0.1 (build 864) Tomcat, PostgreSQL, Java 6 (all installer deployed), RHEL 5.5 64 bit. Client: Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2, TextEdit
            VadimZh

            Show
            alfrescoqa Alfresco QA Team added a comment - The issue was reproduced on Alfresco Enterprise v.4.0.1 (build 864) Tomcat, PostgreSQL, Java 6 (all installer deployed), RHEL 5.5 64 bit. Client: Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2, TextEdit VadimZh
            Hide
            mrogers Mark Rogers [X] (Inactive) added a comment - - edited

            duplicate comment

            Show
            mrogers Mark Rogers [X] (Inactive) added a comment - - edited duplicate comment
            Hide
            mrogers Mark Rogers [X] (Inactive) added a comment -

            I've got the scenario for the locked delete shuffle wrong.

            It looks like the pattern is:

            1) create temp directory
            2) create temp resource fork file and write content
            3) create temp file and write content.
            4) delete target file
            5) move temp file to target
            6) delete resource fork
            7) move temp resource fork to destination.
            8) delete temp directory.

            The example I have has studied has the following paths:
            temp file : \.TemporaryItems\folders.502\TemporaryItems(A Document Being Saved By TextEdit)\TextEditFileA .txt
            temp resource fork : \.TemporaryItems\folders.502\TemporaryItems(A Document Being Saved By TextEdit)\._TextEditFileA .txt
            target file: \simple\TextEditFileA .txt
            resource fork: \simple\._TextEditFileA .txt

            Show
            mrogers Mark Rogers [X] (Inactive) added a comment - I've got the scenario for the locked delete shuffle wrong. It looks like the pattern is: 1) create temp directory 2) create temp resource fork file and write content 3) create temp file and write content. 4) delete target file 5) move temp file to target 6) delete resource fork 7) move temp resource fork to destination. 8) delete temp directory. The example I have has studied has the following paths: temp file : \.TemporaryItems\folders.502\TemporaryItems(A Document Being Saved By TextEdit)\TextEditFileA .txt temp resource fork : \.TemporaryItems\folders.502\TemporaryItems(A Document Being Saved By TextEdit)\._TextEditFileA .txt target file: \simple\TextEditFileA .txt resource fork: \simple\._TextEditFileA .txt
            Hide
            mrogers Mark Rogers [X] (Inactive) added a comment -

            A new filter added and unit test changed. r35475 on V4.0-UG-FIX.

            Please note:
            a) the text edit filter is only configured to work for files with names matching the *.txt pattern. We can relax that pattern if needed once we become confident of the new filter.
            b) temporary files are incorrectly hidden after being edited by text edit. That should be fixed when r35375 is merged.

            Show
            mrogers Mark Rogers [X] (Inactive) added a comment - A new filter added and unit test changed. r35475 on V4.0-UG-FIX. Please note: a) the text edit filter is only configured to work for files with names matching the *.txt pattern. We can relax that pattern if needed once we become confident of the new filter. b) temporary files are incorrectly hidden after being edited by text edit. That should be fixed when r35375 is merged.
            Hide
            vjeynov vjeynov added a comment -

            Successfully validated against Alfresco v4.0.2 build 911, Jboss 5.1.1, Oracle 10g, Java 6 (all installer deployed) Client:Mac OSX 10.7.2

            Show
            vjeynov vjeynov added a comment - Successfully validated against Alfresco v4.0.2 build 911, Jboss 5.1.1, Oracle 10g, Java 6 (all installer deployed) Client:Mac OSX 10.7.2

              People

              • Assignee:
                closedbugs Closed Bugs
                Reporter:
                alfrescoqa Alfresco QA Team
                My watchers:
                vjeynov
              • Votes:
                0 Vote for this issue
                Watchers:
                1 Start watching this issue

                Dates

                • Created:
                  Updated:
                  Resolved:

                  Time Tracking

                  Estimated:
                  Original Estimate - 0 minutes
                  0m
                  Remaining:
                  Remaining Estimate - 0 minutes
                  0m
                  Logged:
                  Time Spent - 1 week, 4 days, 3 hours
                  1w 4d 3h