Customer issue: Issue: To support Enterprise level user/group relationship modeling, Alfresco should support nested groups just as in Active Directory, Lotus Notes, NDS, etc... "Nested groups" is allowing top-level groups to incorporate other top-level groups.
For instance, many large organizations have groups configured like this:
• All Employees references Americas All Employees and EMEA All Employees.
• EMEA All Employees lists all users in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa.
• Americas All Employees references Americas Employees A-Q and Americas Employees R-Z.
• Americas Employees A-Q lists all users in the Americas with a last name that starts with A-Q.
• Americas Employees R-Z lists all users in the Americas with a last name that starts with R-Z.
It is valid to reference any of these five groups in any context where a group is allowed. Furthermore, the group memberships can be amended (groups removed or added) as the organizations grows and changes.