Technical Description of the issue
Alfresco fails to upload files larger than 2gb using WebDAV, throwing I/O error.
Customers Description of the problem
We have been seeing issues uploading large files (2GB+) to the repository via WebDAV. We have not seen the same problems using the Java API so we believe it is an issue specifically to WebDAV. We require the upload of large 2GB+ assets to meet our functional requirements.
Replicated several times locally with .mov and .mkv files over 2gb.
Steps to reproduce
1. Mount WebDAV location(Cyberduck)
2. Navigate to Site folder folderX
3. Initiate copy of 2gb+ file to folderX
1. Upload completes, client throws no errors
2. File visible within repository
1. At 100% client throws I/O error
2. File is not staged within the repository
3. NumberFormat Exception is thrown in log
Analysis to date
Seems to be thrown by WebDAVMethod.getRequestBodyAsFile
int contentLength = req.getIntHeader(WebDAV.HEADER_CONTENT_LENGTH);
attempting int conversion against long.
Log snippet attached.