Status: Open (View Workflow)
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: VB: Heartbeat 2.0 CS Data Part 1
Epic Name:Heartbeat 2.0: Collect new data
- All the new data identified in the requirements document is sent using the new data format and data collection service
- All the new reports identified in the requirements document are available
- New collectors and new data collected follow the best practice of being self-describing.
- New data collected can only be tied to an system ID; no customer-identifiable data is sent to heartbeat
- High level requirements: https://ts.alfresco.com/share/s/OYn513B4QPeRIa2xMHUODg
- The current heartbeat system has a fundamental flaw in that a repository can not be uniquely identified as customers re-use the same repoId across test, staging & production and within clusters
- A mechanism to collect counts in a performant manner (no table scans!) is required i.e. number of documents
- How do tie multiple systems/installations to a single customer?
- How do we determine whether a customer is actually using a feature?
- Are there any reports that are not possible given the data we’re proposing to collect? i.e. have we missed any data points?