As a developer using the REST API I want to retrieve a list of children (via primary parent/child assoc) for a node in the repository so that I can build a basic browsing client.
- Does the /nodes/nodeId/children URL return a 200 response with a list of nodes? Yes
- Is a minimal representation (as shown below) of each child node returned by default? Yes
- Can additional information (eg. aspectName, properties, path & isLink) be returned for each child node be specified by the client via a include query parameter? Yes
- Can less information be returned (to save bandwith) for each child node be specified by the client via a properties query parameter? Yes
- Can the information returned be ordered using an orderBy query parameter, with up to three properties in the orderBy clause (isFolder, name, sizeInBytes, mimeType, nodeType, modifiedAt, createdAt, modifiedByUser, createdByUser + other properties, eg. cm:title, ...) ? Yes
- Can the information returned be paginated using the skipCount and maxItems query parameters? Yes
- Can the information returned be filtered using the where query parameters, using "isFolder=true" or "isFolder=false" (see also
RA-811& RA-828) ?
- Does the /nodes/nodeId/children URL return a 400 response if the nodeId path parameter does not represent a folder? Yes
- Does the /nodes/nodeId/children URL return a 404 response if the nodeId path parameter does not exist? Yes
Example Minimal Node Representation
NOTE: The content property will only be present for files. The isFolder property will be true for folders.