This epic is about creating the initial version of the rendition code producing events for the Transform Service. It will be part of the alfresco-repository project, but code should be written with the goal of it being extracted into separate microservices (REPO-3671). Also see the initial and end state diagrams attached to REPO-3646.
- List currently supported transforms in 6.0
Those currently supported by 6.0 without additional AMPs.
Used to identify when the local transforms will be used and to help identify which transforms should be implemented by the Transform Service.
- Create dictionary of supported Transform Service transforms
- May be a hard coded list
- Must include the options for each transform.
- Switch to call renditions in Transform Service
- Event client code (transaction aware produce and consume messages)
- Docker dev/build deployment with a queue
- Event producer
- Record Heart Beat date in rendition V1 REST API
- Helm deployment includes queue by default
- Content update policies produce events for Transform Service
- Deprecation of public Java APIs
- Include Transformation Service into docker-compose and Helm
- add integration tests (acs-packaging and acs-deployment)
Out of scope:
- It might be required to produce a txt rendition of every index-able content by default. Can be done as onContentCreate policy that will trigger an event for the Transform Service. The TransformCreated event can be generated for Solr to consume.