This epic is about the process of switching over to ONLY using the transform Service for transformations from within the Content Repository.
There are currently no stories for this epic as we expect this to change post September.
For this to happen the the Transform Service needs to support all the transitions that we have agreed that the Content Repository will need to support going forward. This may not be as many as are currently supported in 6.0. It also needs to provide similar or better functionality in terms of reporting and configuration.
- Extract remaining transformers into docker images for remote transform (Not a repo team Story.)
- V0 transform rest APIs, web scripts
- TransformConfig subsystem - move to Transform Service?
- Concepts of pipelines (complex) or failover transforms
- Concept of limits
- Might need some change to be explicit about source and target. Mimetypes rather than A to B via C simply because the transformers can do it.
- Remove the repo transform code
- Remove the switch (added in
- Service discovery on Transform Service (supported transforms / options)
- IM, LO, PdfRenderer subsystems
- ContentService.transform, ContentService.getTransformer…
- Action Service objects for transforms.
- Modify Share’s Transform calls to use async Transform Service or remove Share (Not a repo team Story.)