In RM 2.3, it looks like only the primary ("filed-to") disposition schedule is being used by a record even if other schedules are linked to the record.
Current documentation ( http://docs.alfresco.com/rm2.3/tasks/rm-records-manage-link.html) indicates the primary schedule is observed when another schedule is linked to it. Email from Roy (and in Summit presentations) indicate schedules should be merged and the longest retention of the two schedules should be observed.
Steps to reproduce:
1) install Alf Ent 5.0.1 and RM 2.3
2) Create a retention schedule "A" (cut off immediately, destroy immediately)
3) Create a retention schedule "B" (cut off immediately, destroy after 1 day)
4) Create a record "R1". File it to schedule A and link it to schedule B.
5) Create a record "R2". File it to schedule B and link it to schedule A.
What should happen (after 5 mins when the disposition cron completes)
R1 and R2 should have a cutoff date set but not be eligible to be destroyed for 1 day. There should be no destroy option in the Share UI for either record.
What actually happens:
R1 is eligible to be destroyed (The destroy option is present in the UI)
R2 is not eligible to be destroyed (No destroy option in the UI).
Both seem to be following their "filed-to" schedules only.
Could be related to Bug RM-1542.