I've tested this affects 2.6, but I expect it also affects all previous versions too (e.g. 2.3).
1. Create a category with a disposition schedule affecting records with "cut off" immediately and "destroy" 1 year after cut off date.
2. Create a folder.
3. Find a record was created yesterday or before (e.g. "declare as record" one of the documents from the sample site).
4. Complete, file to the folder and cut off the record.
5. Update the destroy disposition step by changing it from "1 year after cut off" to "1 year after creation".
6. Wait for there to be no unpublished updates.
7. The "disposition as of" date of the record is updated appropriately.
7. The "disposition as of" date does not change.
This is due to the logic around checking if updates should be persisted. There is an if statement that looks like:
This should include PROP_DISPOSITON_PERIOD_PROPERTY too.