Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: Search Services 2.0
Epic Name:FIX Tool Enhancements
As an administrator, I want tools to limit the number of transactions the FIX tool will attempt to repair, so that I can target critical repairs and avoid overwhelming the system.
As an administrator, I want to understand what a FIX command will do before committing it, so that I can be confident the right content will be indexed.
Acceptance Criteria (Must Have)
- It must be possible for an administrator to only repair transactions in a particular time-frame, defined by commit time. E.g. transactions committed after time A and before time B, any transactions committed after time A, or any transactions committed before time A.
- It must be possible for an administrator to configure a system wide limit for the number of repair processes that can run at any one time.
Acceptance Criteria (Should Have)
- It must be possible for an administrator to specify the limit on the number of repair processes for a given FIX command. I.e. to override the system wide default.
- It must be possible for an administrator to predict the consequences of a given FIX command in terms of number of transactions to be processed and number of nodes to be indexed.
- It must be possible for an administrator to predict the consequences of a given FIX command in terms of the actual nodes to be indexed.
"Should have" requirements may be de-scoped, dependent on feasibility, and effort required.
Notes on Implementation
- It is assumed that FIX capability updates can be implemented using additional parameters for the FIX API call and possibly an additional STOP command. Other approaches can be considered.
- Predictive requirements - suggested approach is to allow a FIX command to be run in "test mode". This would work through the FIX process with no commits, and return the number of transactions and nodes. A separate report of nodes to be indexed could be generated.
- Docs ticket required for updates to https://docs.alfresco.com/search-enterprise/concepts/solr-index-fix.html