Uploaded image for project: 'Search and Discovery'
  1. Search and Discovery
  2. SEARCH-303

Solr6 Initial Indexing doesn't resume after extended repository failure

    Details

    • Bug Priority:
      Category 1
    • Work Funnel:
      Feature

      Description

      Hi,

      On TSTEST we've got an issue (which looks like a memory leak) which is causing the repo to fail after a few hours. Unfortunately the Solr6 application remains active and seems to poll Alfresco whilst it's not responding.

      In the case of TALF05 we discovered that when we restarted the repository SOLR6 did not resume it's initial indexing. It instead stated the index was "current". It does index new content but the majority of the repo is still not indexed.

      With TALF04 we were able to quickly restart the repo after it failed. In these cases SOLR6 does appear to recover and continue the initial indexing.

      It would be useful if we can verify this behaviour and a way to ensure Solr6 does complete an initial index successfully.

        Attachments

          Activity

            People

            • Assignee:
              Unassigned
              Reporter:
              pjones Philip Jones
            • Votes:
              0 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              1 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              • Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved: