Status: Closed (View Workflow)
Affects Version/s: 5.0
Component/s: Search and Indexing (non-UI)
00330819, 00425975, 00556297, 00587980, 00619551, 00627326, 00817453
As a user searching for content I want to be able to constrain the scope of my search to the site that I am currently in so that I do not have lots of irrelevant results returned to me.
- Given that the user has not entered anything into the Live Search field then the placeholder text is "Search files, people, sites"
- Given that the user is in a site and is typing into the search box a drop down appears that allows the user to select "Search Alfresco."
- Given that the user is in a site and is typing into the search box a drop down appears that allows the user to select "Search in <site full name>."
- Given that the user does not select either option and just presses enter the default is assumed which is to search the whole alfresco respository
- Given that the user presses the enter key whilst the cursor is in the live search box with Search Alfresco selected the search results page is displayed with content from the whole repository
- Given that the user presses the enter key whilst the cursor is in the live search box with Search in site selected then the search results page is displayed with content from the site and pre-select the filter for the current site
Request is for additional control to limit the scope of the 'live search' feature. To at least configure context to limit it within scope of where search starts. Example if customer is in a site and does 'live search' it limits its results to the site they start search in.
As of v5 we modified our search implementation pages to use newer methodology, Aikau (http://docs.alfresco.com/5.0/concepts/aikau-intro.html) versus the old methodology in v4.2 and older versions. To allow better filtering mechanism with less customization requirements and more readily available management of filters and dynamic matching results showing as you search.
> what was 'simple search' has been replaced with 'live search'
> what was 'advance search' was replaced with the Aikau framework
There was a configuration for the <repository-search> context (none, context, always, always-option) and it is not applicable in the v5 implementation. As of 5.0.1 (
MNT-13350) you can modify the scope of 'advance search' with customization afforded with Aikau 1.0.8.
But this has no impact on limiting the scope in the 'live search'. The 'live search' will still search repo/sites/current site and filter and group the results as search term is entered.
Its a very important criteria to have context search for the customer such that when a user is in a site and does a 'live search' they are restricted to that site's scope.