When adding a group to a Share site, the Activities dashlet displays the group "identifier" as opposed to the more human readable group "name". This is especially noticeable when groups are synchronized from exchange (they have generated IDs like "548ede1efd84a0082f000005").
Replicated in 4.2.5 and 5.1
1. Create a Share site (site1).
2. Create a group with identifier 'g1' and display name as 'Test'.
3. Go to site1 dashboard.
4. Click on Invite.
5. Click on Group and then Add Group.
6. Search for group "Test"
7. Click Add and set the role.
8. Click Add Groups.
9. Go back to site1 dashboard, wait a minute or two for the add group activity to appear in the Activities dashlet.
The Site Activities dashlet displays group ID in the message ("g1") instead of the display name.
- The groups are added to your site.
- The Site Activities dashlet displays that group "Test" was added or deleted to a site
- The Site Activities dashlet displays that group "Test" changed role activity
- Rename the label 'Name' to 'ID' from the add groups to site Site Members | Add Group
- Rename the label 'Name' to 'ID' from the search for groups in site members (see screenshot) SiteMembers | Groups | Search Site Group
|Investigate API changes||Closed|
|Change groupID to Group Display Name in UI||Closed|
|Investigate need for automated testing and Add, Amend Tests as appropriate||Closed|